|Web Design Terms and Conditions
Web design services
- You agree that in the provision of web design services by us we may utilise the services of third party contractors, and that we may pass on to such contractors any information or materials, including design brief and content, provided to us by you.
- You are responsible to keep a copy of any existing Web Site which we may replace pursuant to the provision of web design services including all databases and hosted files. Just X-Cart can provide an archival solution for the existing website at our standard commercial rates.
- We are not responsible for the contents of any Web Site we design for you, and upon publication you must satisfy yourselves that the Web Site will comply with all applicable laws, and codes of practice governing the use of Web Sites and related services. This includes the intellectual property and copyright ownership of all material that you have provided to us. Just X-Cart is similarly not responsible for your subsequent use of the site and your compliance of various commonwealth and state legislations.
- All website content must be provided by you within 1 calendar month of invoice (project commencement). If your data is not supplied within 1 month, Just X-Cart reserves the right to place your project on administrative hold. If no data is supplied within 2 months of invoice, the project will be cancelled and subject to cancellation fees.
- You must provide complete feedback within 7 calendar days during design concept and production review. If no feedback is provided within this time, Just X-Cart reserves the right to move forward with the project, assuming no changes have been requested and that work is accepted in its current form. Any changes requested past this time are subject to our standard rates of $150 per hour or part thereof.
- You may request an Administrative Hold of your project for up to 6 months at a cost of $100. We will stop working on the project until you advise us that you are ready to move forward. If you exceed 6 months of the project being held, we will terminate the project and all monies paid by you to us will be forfeited, with no refunds available.
- If you are unhappy with your site design, you may request additional layout concepts, at a cost of $150 per layout, with full payment required upfront.
- You are responsible for the digital rights to any image that you supply to us in the course of a project.
- Once your website has been published, Just X-Cart will review and repair any pre-existing code errors and/or bugs in the website if reported within 30 days of publishing. Any cosmetic changes or alterations, or code errors reported outside of this time period will be subject to additional charges at our standard commercial rates of $150 per hour or part thereof.
- For website builds including open source third party CMS applications (such as Joomla or OS Commerce), website owners agree to pro-actively monitor available releases of upgrades and/or patches to secure their applications from hackers and malicious scripts. Just X-Cart will provide an on-demand upgrade service for any such application at $150 per hour per upgrade.
- Just X-Cart warrants that the website functions to the level agreed upon at point of sale only for the server configuration where development takes place. Just X-Cart cannot be held responsible for errors or functionality loss if the website is published and hosted on a server environment that does not match the development server specifications.
- If training is required once the website is complete, you will be charged accordingly as per requirement. Please note: No off site training is provided.
Additional conditions for Static Websites
- 100% upfront payment is required for static website design services. If cancellation occurs before design is selected and site is put into production, a cancellation fee of $300 will apply. Once a site is placed into production, cancellation fee will be 100% of project cost and no refunds will be available.
- All standard developments are based on a 5 page design unless stipulated otherwise at the point of sale.
Additional conditions for CMS & E-Commerce Websites
- 50% upfront payment is required for CMS & E-Commerce website design services, with the balance required after design selection before we place the project in production. If cancellation occurs before design is selected and site is put into production, a cancellation fee of $300 will apply. Once a site is placed into production, cancellation fee will be 100% of project cost and no refunds will be available.
- While providing assistance in the obtaining of a merchant facility, Just X-Cart provide no guarantees that a bank will provide a merchant facility for your online store.
- Just X-Cart warrant the software used as stable and secure at the time of delivery. Post delivery maintenance of the security of the site is the responsibility of the client or their agent, and not of Just X-Cart.
Additional conditions for Template Based Design
- There are no refunds or credits available to Template Based Design services. Any Template Based Design service sold as part of a package deal is not transferable or redeemable for cash or other services. Nor is it able to be provided on an alternate domain name.
- Template Based Design services are only available on domain names holding an active Just X-Cart hosting service. The service level required for the product needs to be 'Bronze Hosting' or above.
- You will be able to select from a range of pre-existing website templates and provide customised content (text and images) for population within the website. Alteration or modification to the design template is available at a cost to be quoted.
- 1 round of feedback of up to 10 changes is permitted in the release process. If additional changes are requested, Just X-Cart can make these changes on your behalf at our standard commercial development rate of $88 per hour (or part thereof).
- After feedback has been implemented, the website will be published "as-is". All future changes and maintenance are the responsibility of the the site owner via the content editing system via the store admin console, or you can let us do the work for you - the cost to be quoted accordingly.